Internal Firm Services - Finance - Tax Accountant - Manager
Job Description and Requirements
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
Job Description & Summary
The Tax and VAT accountant is responsible for handling all tax and VAT activities for PwC Egypt entities under the supervision of the VAT leader based in Egypt, working together with Finance team and tax specialists in Egypt and across the ME region. The main focus of the tax and accountant is to support the team to develop a regional tax strategy that optimises PwC Egypt entities tax position, managing tax risks, and understanding the implications of cross border transactions and the operating model. In addition, they will also support all corporate tax and VAT compliance and reporting. Activities responsibility will include responding to tax questions posed by both IFS and LoS teams on tax issues encountered in their day to day operations.
- Develop a regional tax strategy that is cognisant of local tax requirements and which, also optimises the overarching tax position of PwC, particularly with respect to cross border transactions etc.
- Works with Egypt Tax LoS Specialists to understand tax laws, regulations etc., and builds these specificities into tax strategy
- Validates tax strategy with Tax LoS Lead for approval and further socialisation
- Responsible for guiding transactions within the wider Finance Team to minimise tax liabilities
- Support to estimate the tax provisions required for each operating unit; implement efficient reporting to provide monthly tax provision estimates and final year-end accruals
- Assist the Egypt VAT Manager in responsibilities around VAT compliance and reporting activities, ensuring adherence to submission / reporting deadlines
- Support annual planning & budgeting activities, calculating tax entries for each operating unit, and for PwC Egypt as a whole.
- Provide inputs for all tax audits conducted by global team / external auditors
- Advise internal customers on most efficient tax structures for their operations, keeping in mind local tax regulations.
- Responsible for providing tax advice on acquisitions, optimizations, expert opinions, project / event based activity, e.g. group charges / transfer pricing etc.
- Support customers with planning for / mitigating any impacts from a change in tax law provide Tax Audit Defence reports
- Ensure on time submission of VAT reports on behalf of each operating entity
- Develop and deliver statutory filings as part of tax compliance remit for internal clients
- Report to both local leadership as well as global teams on all tax activities, demonstrating compliance with global RM standards, tax rulings.
- Responsible for delivery of strategic projects e.g. implementation of VAT, collaboratively with other stakeholder groups e.g. IT, other Finance Teams, Business Operations etc.
- Manages day to day operations of the Tax & Statutory reporting to
- Manage tax compliance process for PwC Egypt entities within responsibility; work with internal tax teams to prepare corporate tax returns and indirect tax (VAT, Service Tax) returns and ensure submission deadlines are adhered to
- Coordinate all corporate fund transfers - ensuring compliance with local tax and corporate legislation
- Organize and conduct special analyses as required.
- Deliver internal reports to F&A Team Lead, Flagging key risks, exposures etc., as well as tax opportunities
- Organise effective VAT training and appropriate support for the business
- Consolidate, review, analyse and challenge all tax report inputs from LoS / local teams / other finance teams as appropriate
Learning & Growth
- Forms: part of both local finance community, regional tax community as well as global tax experts community, and maintains appropriate relationships across the tax spectrum
- Has the capabilities to deliver assignments efficiently
- Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team's own knowledge management database
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship
Government Clearance Required
Banking and Financial Services
Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
Senior (Team Leader/Staff Supervisor)
Date Posted: 03-03-2019
Ref. Number: 106499
Job Role: Banking and Finance
Residence Country : Egypt